This page is a work in progress. And because I believe that sometimes we find resources where we least expect them, some of the links go beyond writing and networking. If you find them helpful, please know I wish you the best. God bless.
Spalding University’s MFA Blog What I’ve been doing for the past two years: Earning a Masters in Fine Arts in Writing degree at Louisville’s Spalding University. Stop by their blog to meet some of the wonderful people I met during my time there!
Women Fiction Writers Association (WFWA) – A vibrant group of gifted authors, fascinating books. Check them out!
Louisville Romance Writers A great group of talented and generous women who support each other through the rocky journey of writing and publishing. There are none better. ♥
Romance Writers of America® The national organization for romance writers. As diverse and savvy a group as you could ever imagine. I’m especially glad to belong to the Luckies, the 2013 Golden Heart® finalists.
Catholic Writers Guild Blog In past years, I posted tips for writers on the fourth Tuesday of each month. Check out my archived articles, or see what other lively and smart authors have to offer!
Catholic Writers Guild The main website for this international organization of Catholic writers.
Other links of interest:
RAINN Rape, Abuse, and Incest National Network: National Sexual Assault Online Hotline. Free. Confidential. Secure.
The Hotline The National Domestic Violence Hotline. Anonymous & Confidential Help 24/7
The National Drug Abuse Hotline – Anonymous and Confidential Help, in Spanish or English, 24/7.
National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI). Support and education for families and caregivers of persons with mental illness. Crisis text line: Text NAMI to 741-741.
National Suicide Prevention Hotline – Free and Confidential Support, 24/7.
Restorative Justice – A healing alternative to criminal justice, which gives voice to victims and promotes restoration of right relationships to all harmed by crime.
Links to Leslie’s nonfiction:
Articles for The Criterion, Indiana’s Largest Weekly Newspaper, published by the Archdioscese of Indianapolis:
- Archbishop Thompson celebrates first appeal Mass in New Albany: October 13, 2017.
- Appeal affords Church opportunities for encounter and dialogue, archbishop says: October 23, 2015.
- Archbishop Tobin blesses new shrine to Our Lady of Guadalupe: June 19, 2015.
- Disaster Response Logistics Center in North Vernon blessed for use: May 29, 2015.
- Use guidance of Church with end-of-life decisions, says bioethicist: March 6, 2015.
- Hispanic Connection of Southern Indiana moves to a new home: October 3, 2014.
- Faith and fellowship are staples of New Albany Youth Mass: October 18, 2013.
- Take steps to reclaim our religious liberty: July 5, 2013.
- Archbishop thanks Miter Society members for their support: June 7, 2013.
- Archbishop Tobin gets warm welcome in Tell City Deanery: February 1, 2013.
- Community helps bring Eagle Scout’s prayer garden project to life: January 18, 2013.
- New Albany Deanery Multi-Choir Epiphany Concert: Holy Family website, January 18, 2013.
- Renovated St. Francis Xavier Church is rededicated: December 14, 2012.
- Priest spurs parishioners into new foray of evangelization: October 26, 2012.
- Parishioners at St. Mary’s celebrate a unique May Crowning: May 25, 2012.
- A leap of courage, obedience and faith: Two faith communities with different cultures share common bonds of worship and music, August 19, 2011.
- A dual celebration: St. Mary-of-the-Knobs parishioners break ground for new church, honor retiring pastor, July 9, 2010.
- ‘Love in action’: All Catholics are called to evangelize in their daily lives, Evangelization Supplement to The Criterion, May 9, 2008.